QUEEN SQUARE, THE CULTURAL QUARTER, LIVERPOOL CITY CENTRE, CITY OF LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL CITY REGION.
The Former Pearl Assurance Building By Alfred Waterhouse On St John's Lane In Liverpool City Centre
The former Pearl Assurance Building, now known as St John’s House, and designed by the eminent Liverpudlian architect, Alfred Waterhouse, known for his Gothic Revival architecture during the Victorian Era. The building was constructed between 1896 and 1898.
The Pearl Assurance Building was operating as a regional office for the group which has since gone through many changes and currently trades as Phoenix Group Holdings.
It was designated as a Grade II Listed Building on the 19th of June 1985 by Historic England, and is one of the numerous Alfred Waterhouse Buildings in Liverpool such as the Royal Liverpool Seamen's Orphan Institution which was housed at the Newsham Park Orphanage and later a Hospital, the Prudential Assurance Building on Dale Street, as well as the University of Liverpool Victoria Building.
The Building is situated in The Cultural Quarter of Liverpool City Centre.
The ground floor of the building is home to the renowned pub, Doctor Duncan's, named after the Liverpudlian who became Britain’s first Medical Officer of Health on the 1st of January 1847.
Where Is The Former Pearl Assurance Building By Alfred Waterhouse?
St John’s House, Previously the Pearl Assurance Building,
2-4 St John's Lane,
The Cultural Quarter,
Liverpool City Centre,
City of Liverpool, L1 1HF,
Liverpool City Region, UK.